Thursday, April 30, 2009

Change Can Be Funny

Today we had green lentils in the sensory table. One girl decided to stick her hand in, scoop a bunch of lentils out, and dump them on the floor. She's testing limits right now and every day we tell her to keep things in the table. We practice with her each and every day, repeatedly. First I reminded her to keep the lentils in the table. Then, out of sheer exasperation (warning: not-so-great teacher moment coming up here), I said, "The rule hasn't changed since the beginning of the year."

In her sweet little 3-year-old voice she replies:

"But change can be good, Patti!"

3 comments:

  1. Very funny! They know just how to hit the nail on the head, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, are you laughing (in a good way, of course) your patootie off at my lame little blog? You are the only person I know in real life who has found me!

    Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by. I feel like I've come out of the closet now. :)

    Now go get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete